Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Poker

Played poker on Friday night. It was a good night for me. Ended up winning more than twice the amount for which I bought in. The best hand was when I hit my flush on the river (which just happened to also be the nuts on the unpaired board), and as I was trying to figure out how to extract the maximum amount of money out of Scott he says, "I'm all in". Well, alright! Call. Scoop chips.

Another hand I had a pair of 3s in early-mid position with 4 or 5 limpers. The flop comes 10-J-Q, clubs and spades. I check, hoping to catch a 3 on the turn. It was not to be. A bet, a raise and a call drove me from the pot. The turn came a three, of course, and the river a 10. D'oh! The two remaining players went all-in with a straight (don't ask) and a flush. So, I folded a moneymaker, but I'm ok with it. Who stays in with a pair of threes on that flop? Not this American.

Jason lost. I hate to say it, but he's funnier when he's losing. His semi-drunken bad beat rants are things of beauty.

2 comments:

Scott & Lisa said...

I had a 3 of a kind!!! I did not even think that you had a flush! Drowned again by the river!!!

- Scott

Unknown said...

oh my gosh..are you going to be doing explainer in the newspaper like that weird bridge stuff. Seriously, the river? the nuts? the flop? I;ve got your floppy nuts right here.

why don't you learn to play a real game like Euchre! Mr. 60's Engineer man.